news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default "Reunited" violinist to perform at MLK dedication in D.C.

Grammy award-winning violinist Miri Ben-Ari has been tapped to take part in the Martin Luther King Memorial dedication, which is taking place this weekend in Washington DC.

Miri Ben-Ari, who has worked with artists like Jay-Z, Kanye West, Jadakiss, Akon, Twista, T-Pain, Wu-Tang, Styles P, and others, is the only non-African American performer to participate in Sunday’s televised memorial, which will also feature appearances by President Barack Obama, a number of civil rights leaders, and various entertainers.

Miri Ben-Ari will take to the stage at 10:00 AM, where she will perform her original composition “Black Tone.”

“I moved to the US all the way from Israel with a dream,” said Miri Ben-Ari. It has been a tough journey; legacies such as MLK’s inspired me not to give up and to follow my Dream.”

The Hip-Hop violinist said she was looking forward to Sunday’s performance, because the fight against racism is something that is close to her family and dear to her heart.

“Racism is the reason so many families get torn apart, I am a third generation to holocaust survivors and so the universal fight against racism is very personal to me,” continued Miri Ben-Ari. “Being chosen to perform as the only non-African performer this Sunday, I feel that my story represents the “American dream” as well as the universal message of Martin Luther King, which encompasses freedom, rights and possibilities.”

The MLK Memorial took almost 15 years to complete and features a 450 foot inscription wall with over a dozen quotes from the legendary civil rights leader, along with a 30 foot sculpture of Dr. King.

A variety of rappers donated to help raise funds for the MLK Memorial, including Nelly, Russell Simmons and others.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

great, the violins in reunited are amazing
Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
BloodShot
Arm Breaker

BloodShot shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to BloodShot

good looks on the info. Imma check it out tomorrow.
BloodShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #4
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the violin and cello sound sick with drums to it, but producers don't take advantage of it. you could make some dope beats with strings
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
the violin and cello sound sick with drums to it, but producers don't take advantage of it. you could make some dope beats with strings

Two words: late pass.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I meant solely strings. not piano and other shit added on it. I've seen rap duos on the streets -- but instead of MC/DJ, it's MC/cellist or violinist. sounds corny, but trust me, they rip it. one dude spits, the other plays the cello/violin. sounds dope. but today's MCs are too ignorant to do something like that. and the violin on Knowledge God is better than that kanye track
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote